Tell Me Something Good

Friday, August 31st, 2012 | Posted under Tell Me Something Good

On my old blog, I had this very semi-occasional feature called “Tell Me Something Good.” It was inspired by something this guy I knew in college would ask me.

It’s also apparently the name of a Chaka Khan song.

“Tell me something good.”

And I would, and later on I thought that might make a fun blog post. Every so often I would ask my readers to tell me something good and I always thought the responses were really amazing. Because in a world filled with so much pain, disappointment and frustration, you need to focus on the good to make it all worthwhile.

On the last Friday of the month, instead of sharing my Friday Finds, I’m going to ask you to tell me something good. It can be a major accomplishment. It can be something you’re looking forward to. Or it can be something small, something only you noticed and took time to appreciate. It really can be anything at all, as long as it’s good.

My something good this month: on Monday, I got a really amazing massage, had a mani / pedi, and finally got my long locks chopped a bit. I feel quite refreshed and ready to go for my first day of school on Tuesday! (Eek!)

So, dear friend, tell me something good.

7 Comments »

Comments on this post

1. Lindsey says:

Tonight my husband will be gone for a Fantasy Football draft, so I’m having a girlfriend over. We’re planning to make grilled cheese sandwiches and stovetop popcorn and spend the evening catching up! I can’t wait!

(And I LOVE this feature! I just may steal it from you!)

1. Kristen says:

Oh that song is so in my head now!
      My something good this month- owning my house all on my own!

1. Meg says:

Today, I stepped on the scale to see that I am officially down over 40 pounds! I am THRILLED!

1. Heather says:

That song is stuck in my head!!

Something good: 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!

1. Stevie says:

I got married last week! And tonight I got to meet the baby of some good friends of mine – their baby was born on our wedding day. It’s been a pretty surreal week and I can’t stop smiling :-)

1. Amber says:

I started exercising today. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (since I’m going on vacation in 30 days). I’m hurting at the moment, but I know it was good for me to get exercising again.

1. Tell Me Something Good | With Faith & Grace says:

[…] our first Tell Me Something Good of the year, my monthly series where I share something good that’s going on in my life and […]

With Faith & Grace All rights reserved © 2012-2014