Three famous people I want to meet:
2. Tom Hanks
3. Barack Obama
Three books I love:
1. The Diary of Anne Frank (I’ve read it four times)
2. The Life of Pi
3. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Three U.S. cities I want to visit (to answer Stephany’s question):
To be honest, I’ve been to most of the major US cities (at least, the ones I care to visit). I would certainly visit a few again… especially Austin, San Francisco, Boston and New York City (duh). But these are cities I want to visit that I have never been to before. The main reason is to see the people I know who live there, not because they are major tourist destinations. Although Nashville would be a little touristy for me because I love country music!
Three favorite ethnic cuisines (to answer Lisa’s question):
Three words I would use to describe myself (also asked by Lisa):
2. A dreamer
Three things you should know about diabetes:
1. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are different, but they both suck. There is no “worse” kind of diabetes.
2. I don’t just “take a shot” or “watch what I eat.” It’s an all-consuming, day-in-day-out process that will never stop.
3. YES, I CAN EAT THAT.
Three things I wish I knew how to do:
2. Ice skate (I’m planning on taking lessons next winter)
3. Drive a manual car (two friends tried to teach me in college and I failed miserably)
Three favorite apps:
1. Lumosity (the games are fun)
2. Period Tracker (I track my cycle because my hormones influence my diabetes management, so I like to know if I should be expecting my period)
3. OpenTable (a great way to find a local restaurant that you won’t have to wait in line for — plus you get points towards restaurant gift certificates!)
Three things I like about Minneapolis:
1. It’s easy to get around
2. Our family and friends
3. The outdoorsy, locavore culture — it definitely does remind me of Portland
Notice how I didn’t say the weather?!
What three things you wish you knew how to do? Do you have any favorite apps I should try?